Northwest Wisconsin AHEC is committed to keeping our healthcare students and professionals local.
The transition from academics to employment can be confusing, frustrating and overwhelming for many people. Northwest Wisconsin AHEC staff will ease this transition by working individually, or in a class setting, with health sciences students by providing employment consultation, tips, and best practices for students as they prepare for their career. Our goal is to prepare and connect you to the healthcare employment you have worked hard to achieve. Services are provided at NO COST to health sciences students residing in the Northwest Wisconsin AHEC service region.
* Resume and cover letter development, review and consultation. These documents are your tickets to employment, learn the most current strategies that are sure to get the attention of potential employers.
* Job search assistance. Knowing where and how to find the right employment opportunities.
* Assessing an opportunity with a hospital, private practice or managed care company. Making sure it’s a great fit, both professionally and personally.
* Customized one on one career counseling. Counseling can be provided via email, video-conference, phone, or in person.
* Setting short-term and long-term goals for your career.
* Interviewing tips and strategies: How to conduct yourself in an interview and making a positive impression, immediately. What to ask, what to say, and comments to avoid.
* And much more. What are your questions, concerns and challenges?
INTERESTED? Click here to connect with Northwest Wisconsin AHEC staff
READY TO PURSUE YOUR CAREER? CLICK HERE FOR LINKS TO LOCAL HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS WEBSITES.